Burger Recipes (CAB, Bison, Lamb, Wagyu)
Certified Angus Beef Fresh Herb Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- 6 Certified Angus Beef ® Burgers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Season the burgers with half of the fresh herb trio (basil, parsley and oregano), 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato, avocado, onion, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Stir in red pepper flakes, remaining herb trio (basil, parsley and oregano) and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat to desired doneness (160°F internal temperature recommended). Top burgers generously with avocado salsa.
Certified Angus Beef Classic Griddle Burgers with Special Sauce
- 4 Certified Angus Beef ® Burgers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rendered beef fat, bacon fat or clarified butter
- 4 soft burger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- Optional toppings: pickles, sliced tomato, iceberg lettuce, sliced onion
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, ancho chili powder and celery salt; set aside in refrigerator. Season both sides of burger with salt and pepper. Preheat griddle or large cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Add fat/butter to cooking surface and spread evenly. When oil begins to smoke, place burger patties on griddle. Sear approximately 2-3 minutes to develop a mahogany brown caramelized exterior, then flip. Place cut side of buns on griddle to brown, adding more oil if needed.
- Top burger with cheese and finish searing burger (1-2 minutes) until cooked through (160°F internal temperature).
- Smear bottom bun with special sauce and top as desired with pickles, tomato, lettuce, burger, onion and top bun.
Blue Bison Burger
- 1 pound Bison Burgers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Sauté onions in vegetable oil until evenly browned, stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Season patties with salt and pepper and grill. Just before your desired doneness is reached, top with blue cheese and grill until cheese melts.
- Place lettuce and tomato on bun, top with burger and onions.
Simple Lamb Burgers
- 1 pound Lamb Burgers
- 1 4-inch sprig rosemary, chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 thick slices tomato
- 1 cup baby mixed salad greens
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Thoroughly coat lamb patties with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the burgers until they are beginning to firm and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Alternately, you can cook the burgers to your desired degree of doneness. Rest burgers while assembling toppings.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl; spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto one side of each bun. Put a burger onto each bun and top with tomato and greens.
Smoked Gouda Wagyu Burger
- 1 pound Wagyu Burgers
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- Spicy pickle chips
- 2 burger buns
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, mayonnaise and relish; set aside.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on the stovetop, or a grill to medium high. Season burgers with salt and pepper, sear 3-4 minutes on the first side, flip and top each with smoked Gouda. Cover and cook another 3-4 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Spread sauce on the bottom of four buns, top with 4-5 pickles, burger and top bun.