Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 3-4 pound Berkshire Pork Loin Roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 can Dr Pepper®
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub the outside of the roast with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Pour the Dr. Pepper over the pork and cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours until very tender.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place back in the juices.
- Add barbecue sauce to taste. Allow to cook an additional 30 if desired.
- Serve on buns and top with coleslaw.
Guinness Chuck Roast
- 3 Pound Certified Angus Beef Chuck roast
- 1 Teaspoon each salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1- 14 ounce can Guinness Stout
- 3 Cups beef broth
- Mix dry seasonings together.
- Rub half of the dry seasonings into the top side of the chuck roast.
- Turn roast over and rub in the remaining dry seasonings.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Add Guinness and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat pulls apart very easily.
- Remove roast and shred.
- To make a delicious au jus -- Pour juices into saucepan and cook on medium-high heat until reduced by half.